The Senior Advocate of Journalists, SAJ Adewale Ajayi has described year 2022 as a year that will be full of subtlety and double faced for Nigeria Sports.
SAJ professes for the year 2022 is as thus;
1. The Super Eagles of Nigeria will scale through to the Semi final of the Africa Cup of Nations after two group stage victories, and a shaky quarter final win. In the semi final, a thick cloud of uncertainty will hover around the team as internal crisis will erupt. The team will need to pray and fast to scale that hurdle
2. Nigeria will be paired against Mali in the knockout phase of the World Cup Qualifier and will travel to Bamako for the first leg of the encounter which will end in a 1-1 draw.
3. The Super Eagles will qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar after beating the Eagles of Mali by a lone goal in Abuja.
4. The crisis in NBBF will finally come to an end in April, 2022 as the incumbent president Musa Kida will emerge winner of a FIBA and Sports Ministry monitored election to be held in Abuja in the first week of April
5. Rivers United football club of Port Harcourt will emerge winner of the 2021/2022 NPFL season while Nasarawa United will win the FA Cup
6. A new DG will emerge to take charge of the National sports commission. He is a technocrat from the South West and will bring new innovations to sports administration in Nigeria
7. One South West team will be relegated to the NNL from the Nigeria professional football league.
8. Another crisis will erupt in football. This time, the hand of Esau will be visible. The crisis will drag on till September and FIFA will come in and extend the tenure of the present board to October. Elections will be held in the last week of October and Status Quo will remain.
9. This time, there will be a Tsunami that will sweep away 5 heavyweights of the Executive committee. two are from the South West and three from the North.
10. Nigeria Sports minister Sunday Dare and two others will be given special appreciation awards by the federal government for their meritorious service to government and to the masses.
11. Another federation presidents will be elected into the world governing body as 2nd vice president after years of excellence and dedication to sports development.
12. Delta state will host and win the 2022 National sports festival. The games will be declared the very best interms of organization and competition
13. Two club owners will be relieved of their jobs and sent into the unemployment market.
14. Nigeria will not qualify for the Under 17 and Under 20 World Cups. The Golden Eaglets will be knocked out of the WAFU qualifier same as the Flying Eagles.
15. The Nigeria Women Football League will breath fresh air as the Aisha Falode led board will in February 2022, unveil a massive sponsorship deal that will send jitters down the spines of all doubting Thomases
16. The Super Eagles will qualify for the Second round of the World Cup in Qatar but not under Portuguese coach Jose Pesairo who will be sacked before the World Cup.
17. Remo stars will shock the World as the first Ogun state based clubside to play in a CAF competition.
18. A telecommunications giant will broker peace in the Nigeria football supporters club as warring factions will agree to come together under one umbrella for the good of the game ahead of the 2022 World Cup
19. A Nigerian striker based in Italy will sign for REAL MADRID FC, while another Nigerian, a midfielde, based in England will join Manchester United
20. There will be crisis in the Nigeria referees association and the aftermath will be devastating.