At least 40 residents have been confirmed dead by as armed assailants ravaged several villages in the Tahoua region Niger Republic, near the border with Mali, the government said on Monday.
Republic of Niger President, Mahamadou Issoufou, Spokesman, Abdoulraman Zakaria said, the rapid response of soldiers in the region, helped to restore normalcy.
NAN reports that numerous armed groups are active in Niger and in neighboring Sahel countries. Some have sworn allegiance to the Islamic State, while others are linked to al-Qaeda.
The government has little control over the desert areas outside the cities, a situation which is exploited by jihadist groups and criminal networks such as people smugglers.
In the Mali border region, there have been recurring attacks.
On March 16, at least 58 people were killed in an attack on market traders in the region of Tillaberi, the government said.
Woman Demands Prince Harry Arrest For Proposing To Marry Her
Prince of United Kingdom, Prince Harry, husband of Meghan, has been sued for failing to marry a woman, he allegedly made a marriage proposal.
The crowned Prince of Britain, was allegedly to have made proposal to the woman, after a series of email message, declaring his love for the women.
The woman, Palwinder Kaur, an Indian lawyer, sued the Prince of Britain, Prince Harry Middleton, Duke of Sussex, with the Punjab and Haryana High Court in India.
Palwinder Kaur also, demanded the Indian authority to “without further delay”, issue an international warrant of arrest for Prince Harry, for breaking her heart.
The suit file by Palwinder Kaur read, “Prayer in this petition filed by the petitioner, who is an advocate is appearing in person, is to take legal action against Prince Harry Middleton son of Prince Charles Middleton resident of the United Kingdom and to direct the United Kingdom Police Cell to take action against him, as, despite a promise to marry the petitioner, the said promise has not been fulfilled.”
When asked by the presiding Judge, Mr Justice Arvind Singh Sangwan, she admitted that she had never been to the UK or met the Duke of Sussex in person, and all of their supposed contact had been over email and social media, Dailystar reports.
She added that she had reluctantly taken the step of demanding action from the court after also writing to Prince Harry’s father, Prince Charles.
Ms Kaur has apparently had no response from Prince Charles after she informed him that Harry was engaged to her, but was not honouring his promise to marry her.
The court has rejected the application, saying it could not be proven that she had been speaking to Prince Harry.
“It is a well-known fact that fake IDs are created on various social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc, and authenticity of such conversation cannot be relied upon by this court,” Justice Arvind Singh Sangwan said.
“I find that this petition is nothing, but just a daydreamer’s fantasy about marrying Prince Harry,” he added.
“This petition, though very poorly drafted, both grammatically and lacking the knowledge of pleadings, speaks about some emails between the petitioner and Prince Harry, in which the person, sending the email, has stated that he promise to marry soon,” Justice Sangwan ruled in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
However, he continued, “there is every possibility that the so-called Prince Harry may be sitting in a cybercafe of a village in Punjab, looking for greener pastures for himself”.
US Lacks Confidence In Nigeria Security Forces, We Can’t Help -John Campbell
The United States of America Ambassador, John Campbell has said that the popular cry for US to assist Nigeria in its security challenges is not possible until Nigeria addresses human rights abuses by its security forces.
Ambassador Campbell, former US Ambassador to Nigeria, said Nigeria security forces are much indicted in abuse of human rights, against ordinary and innocent citizens, stating that until it is addressed, the United States is forbidden by its law to help such a country in technical and financial assistance.
The US ambassador further disclosed that Nigeria leaders must quickly rise to address human rights abuses of innocent citizens by the county’s security forces, if it wants US technical and financial security assistance.
The former US Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell, disclosed this on Friday, while speaking at the maiden edition of ‘Grow Nigeria Conversation’ with the theme, ‘Reversing the Flourishing Economy of Kidnapping and Banditry: Immediate & long-term solutions’ in Abuja.
Ambassador Campbell stated that; “The Nigerian government has to do its best to restore public confidence in the security forces, especially the police.
“Under US law, we are prohibited from providing any technical expertise for security forces accused of human rights abuses.”
Ambassador Campbell described the human rights abuses of ordinary citizens by Nigeria security forces as ”a huge barrier to a more cordial relationship between the US and the Nigerian security forces.”
He added: “There could be financial support to help build up the security forces; there could also be a transfer of technologies.
“If human rights abuses were to go away, the possibility of a deeper relationship is possible.”
Speaking further on payment of ransom to bandits as a way to solve the problem of kidnapping, Ambassador Campbell stated; “Payment of ransom is illegal in the United States, but it could be extremely unpopular, particularly to those close to the victims of kidnapping. It is also illegal in Nigeria but common in the country.”
Recall that men of the Nigeria Army on Thursday allegedly killed over 70 unarmed residents, set ablaze monarchs palace and houses in Benue state.
1900 Civilians Were Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In 2020 – ICC
…Says Federal govt Ignored the Fulani herders in favour of more easily defined Boko-Haram
International Christian Concern, ICC, has raised alarm that over One thousand, nine hundred, (1,900) civilians have been killed in Nigeria by Fulani herdsmen, just as it said recent mass kidnappings and a spate of smaller attacks around Nigeria are serving to raise the profile of the often-forgotten trend of increased violence in Africa’s most populous country. Many factors contribute to the violence, including religious tension.
In its report published on its website, Persecution.org, it further revealed that, ” the violence in Nigeria comes from a number of different sources. One is the Boko Haram terror group, which has grown significantly in power and destructive ability in the last decade. Now split into two factions, Boko Haram seems to be making a comeback after its territory was significantly reduced in 2015, also the year it pledged allegiance to Islamic State.
“Boko Haram was responsible for dozens of incidents in the first two months of 2021 alone and is believed to have already killed dozens. Years ago, it helped start what is now a well-established pattern of kidnapping school children for ransom when it kidnapped 276 mostly Christian girls from a school in Chibok. Over 100 of those girls are still missing. There have already been several large-scale kidnappings in 2021, though they are thought to have been carried out by loosely organized bandits rather than Boko Haram.”
On the rising killing by Fulani herdsmen cross Nigeria ICC, which is on a mission to help persecuted Christians world over, stated:
“Another source of violence in Nigeria is radical Fulani militants. They are from a largely Muslim ethnic group and often clash with Christian farming communities. The source of these so-called farmer-herder conflicts can vary from perceived slights to land-use disputes to religion, but whatever the source Fulani attacks often lead to the decimation of Christian villages and places of worship.
“1,900 civilians and government employees were killed by Boko Haram and Fulani militants in 2020 alone, according to ICC analysis. Much of the violence is concentrated in Christian-majority areas of the Middle Belt region.
“Though most of the conversation around violence in Nigeria is focused on the problem posed by Boko Haram, ICC analysis finds that the majority of civilian and government personnel deaths in 2020 happened at the hands of Fulani militants rather than Boko Haram terrorists or bandit groups.
“Despite this fact, the government of Nigeria continues to largely ignore the Fulani crisis in favor of the more easily-defined terrorist threat posed by Boko Haram and the simpler criminal threat posed by vaguely-defined bandits. This must change and an accurate understanding of the problem posed by Fulani militants must be reached if Nigeria’s Christian population is to be adequately protected.
Anklets: Tradition or fashion?
FMC Bida Rolls out the Drums, Honours UCH Ibadan Based Prof. OGB Nwaorgu
The Return of The Taliban – Obadiah Mailafia
End Nigeria Now! The Hoax Country – Ndidi Uwechue
$1 Billion Operational Costs Push Private Jet Owners into Bankruptcy
Romance with Chinese Woman Sends Man, Yusuf, to Jail
Pay Attention to your Anger, Spalletti Warns Osimhen
Dorathy Was Not Naked When We Came In – EFCC
EFCC Academy Organizes Training For Staff In Lagos
The Beam and The Quest: Their Connection, A Sure Lead To The Future
Anambra 2021: Sen Uba Blows Hurt, Challenges Prof. Soludo to Debate, Promises to Sponsor
Anambra 2021: NSCDC Strengthens Collaboration With INEC
2 Priests Kidnapped in Benue, 12 in Katsina, 14 Killed in Kaduna – Reno
Prof. Efemini Demise: A Big Blow, Huge Loss to Humanity
On Kwara Bond and Other Issues – Rafiu Ajakaye
News7 months ago
No More Food For Yoruba, Until FG Arrests Sunday Igboho – Miyetti Allah
Crime Watch7 months ago
Four Herdsmen, 100 Cows Killed, As Gunmen Attack In Anambra
Politics7 months ago
Don’t Go and Sleep, We’ll Revisit, We’ll Retaliate – Miyetti Allah Warns
News7 months ago
You Cannot Impose Muslim On Us, We’ll Fight For Our Faith – Baptist Conference
Headline7 months ago
Get One AK-47 for Yourself – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Nigerians
News7 months ago
Breaking: Abducted Kagara Students On their Way Back-Sheikh Gumi
News7 months ago
If We Fight Herdsmen, We’ll Lose Everything- Oluwo of Iwo
Politics6 months ago
Fani Kayode Slams British Minister For Saying Nigeria Must Remain One ‘At All Cost’