MTN Momo agent is a mobile money agent, a digital Financial Services (YDFS) platform licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. It is a super-agent framework and banking that allows Nigerians to send, receive money, and pay bills across the country. Y’ello Digital Financial Services manages this mobile money platform. Y’ello is one of the MTN subsidiaries that provide services like cash-in and out payment, airtime, service, and bill payments to customers.
The good thing about this service is that customers don’t need a bank account to send or receive money. All they need to do is pay a visit to any MoMo Agent close to them to either send or receive money.
What you can do with MTN MoMo Service Bank Using Your Phone or The App
- Buy and sell airtime & bundles: Do you need airtime, data, and SMS bundles quickly? Buy and sell them with MTN MoMo.
- Pay bills: As a MoMo agent, you can help customers skip queues by helping them pay bills. You can pay bills like school fees, DSTV, and more with your MoMo account.
- Start saving: It’s never too late to start saving. Without a bank account, you can use MoMo to start saving money.
- Collaboration: You can request payments, create bills, upload invoices, and collect customer payments.
- Disbursements: As an agent, you can pay suppliers, employees, or any group of people with the MoMo Business bulk disbursement interface.
How to become a MTN MoMo Agent (4 easy steps)
Step 1: Check to confirm if you meet the requirements below.
Requirements for MoMo Agents
- You must have an existing business or be willing to invest in an agency business.
- Have a physical or immovable retail shop. For instance, a Pharmacy Pop & Mom Shop located in the street.
- You must have a legal means of identification (National ID, Driver’s License, International passport, or Voters card).
- You have to provide 1 passport photograph.
- You must have a minimum capital of N20,000 and above.
Step 2: Go to the nearest MTN office to pick up a form & submit your details.
Step 3: You can download the application form online.
Step 4: MoMo field staff will contact you for a planned visit to ascertain your suitability.
Do you know you can also be a MTN MoMo agent through self-onboarding?
How to become a MoMo Agent by Self Onboarding
- Dial *502# with your MTN mobile number.
- You receive a message to approve your MTN SIM registration details to be used as your MoMo wallet ID KYC
- Select 1 Yes to accept the terms and conditions and to continue to the next step.
- Create a 4 digit PIN as prompted.
- Reconfirm your 4-digit PIN.
- Your newMTN MoMo Agent wallet will be created.
- You will receive a SMS notification confirming your new MoMo Agent wallet.
Send mobile money freely and faser on MTN wallet with Monisnap
Monisnap is a much simpler option for sending mobile money! It is a mobile transfer service used to send money to more than 100 countries. With Monisnap, Momo agents can send money with ease, whenever, and anywhere. The goal is to make sending money simple, quick, and fair.
A quick and secure way to send money to MTN MoMo users is using the Monisnap app. With this app on your PC or phone, Monisnap enables you to centralize your methods for sending money and making payments. MTN Monisnap offers the most competitive rates on the market!
Are there other services provided by MTN?
The answer is YES! These are some of other services MTN offer their customers:
Although most people might not be aware of it, mtn offers profitable cloud services. these services are designed for all of Nigeria’s major industrial sectors. In this product category, MTN competes with Rackcenter and Mainone.
Voice and broadband services
It is impossible to talk about modern mobile telephony in Nigeria without mentioning MTN. MTN is a market leader in broadband and voice services. With more than 60% of the overall profits, MTN is the most lucrative firm in the industry.
Value-Added Services (VAS)
The MTN Nigeria network offers VAS at various levels. Consumers can download comedy, games, music, and other types of content from MTN, and the producers receive royalties. This company has been impacted by the regulatory rule that restricts marketing to subscribers.
MTN my App
With the recently updated myMTN NG App, MTN Nigeria customers and non-customers can access a wide range of MTN Goods & Services. myMTN NG reaffirm MTN Nigeria’s commitment to delivering good services, tailored to suit the lifestyle of customers. It is an in-built commerce engine for an improved shopping/buying experience, giving users full control and access to everything they need, everywhere they go.
What else? MTN subscribers get unrestricted, FREE access to the App (no data charges required while using the App). The App offers comprehensive features including trending gist, sports, entertainment, news, and more. It is a one-stop shop for all MTN services.