Visas are specially customized to each individual’s needs and requirements. For example, if a student is enrolled in a program or course that is less than eighteen hours per week, he or she simply needs a visiting visa. A student visa is required to stay in the country if a student works more than eighteen hours per week.
When applying for a student visa, each consulate and embassy has its own set of rules and regulations, such as the interview policy and procedure of an in-person meeting with the first-time student visa applicant in question. When undertaking the student visa procedure, it is usually a good idea to seek legal advice from a student visa lawyer.
Do I Really Need a lawyer?
Perhaps, perhaps not. Before calling an immigration lawyer about an immigration issue:
If you have any questions about immigration,
- Contact your ISS advisor.
- Visit the website of the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) to discover answers to many of your inquiries.
How Do I Find a Student Visa Lawyer’s Name?
There are numerous ways to locate lawyers:
- You may begin by contacting Student Legal Services (SLS) in the HUB, as they have an immigration specialist on staff. Please study the SLS eligibility criteria first to confirm you are eligible to use their services. The SLS attorney may be able to provide some preliminary information and, if necessary, direct you to local immigration law companies.
- Visit the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) website and look for the Immigration Lawyer Referral Service.
- Call the lawyer reference service of your local bar association.
- Consult a law directory.
- Look for immigration lawyers in the region on the Internet.
How Do I Select a Student Visa Lawyer?
Before selecting a lawyer, phone the offices of the lawyers on your list, briefly explain your legal matter, and ask:
- Are your expertise and/or experience applicable to my particular problem?
- For this type of work, do you charge a flat rate or an hourly rate for this type of work?
- Can you give me a ballpark figure?
- Can you give me an idea of how long it will take?
How Should I Decide Whether to Hire a Lawyer?
Before hiring a lawyer, consider the following factors:
- Can you properly interact with the lawyer? Was the lawyer’s explanation clear and simple?
- Are the fees reasonable when compared to other lawyers’ prices?
- Is the lawyer’s explanation of how he or she would keep you updated on the status of your case clear?
- Do not engage this lawyer if you are not happy. Look for legal assistance elsewhere.
- Read the contract carefully before signing it with a lawyer. Make sure you comprehend it. Everything you and the lawyer agreed upon in writing should be documented.
Best Student Visa Lawyer in the United States
Finding an attorney who is conversant with US immigration regulations can be difficult. Therefore, here is a list of some of the best student visa lawyers in the US:
- Del Rey, Fragomen, Bernsen, and Loewy
- P.A. Maney, Gordon, and Zeller
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP.
- Barst Mukamal & Kleiner LLP.
- Wolfsdorf Rosenthal P.C.
- Immigration for Hatch Rockers
- Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP.
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Crotty Saland & Co.
- Murthy Law Offices
#1. Del Rey, Fragomen, Bernsen, and Loewy
Fragomen, Del Rey, Bensen & Loewy is a prominent immigration law company in the United States. With over 50 offices worldwide and over 4,000 workers, the organization provides immigration advice in a variety of sectors, including US student and exchange visas.
The business will put you in touch with one of their lawyers, who will be able to assist you with everything from consular assistance to transferring your student visa to a work visa or submitting waiver petitions (depending on your situation).
#2. P.A. Maney, Gordon, and Zeller
This Tampa law practice has over 100 years of combined experience assisting foreign people with their immigration to the United States. Maney, Gordon, Zeller, and P.A lawyers have 10 offices around the United States and can assist you in securing a student visa regardless of your individual situation or where you are from. They also provide services in a number of foreign languages, including:
#3. Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
Since 1894, this law business has grown and expanded into a variety of practice areas, including immigration law. Harter, Secrest, and Emery are competent in handling all of your legal issues as well as assisting you in applying for a US student visa. This law company also has a strict pro bono policy that requires its practitioners to volunteer at least 50 hours each year. If you satisfy the qualifications, you may be eligible for assistance without incurring any financial costs.
#4. Barst Mukamal & Kleiner LLP is a law firm in New York City.
This law practice has been one of the leading immigration counseling firms in the United States since its inception in the 1930s. Their legal services range from assisting with a green card application to obtaining an F1 student visa. Furthermore, regardless of where you are, Barst, Mukamal, and Kleiner lawyers can speak with you in multiple languages.
#5. Wolfsdorf Rosenthal P.C.
The Wolfsdorf immigration firm has over 30 years of experience in immigration law and offices in over 100 countries across the world. They provide a variety of services related to US student and exchange visas, including assisting your family members in accompanying you to the US on your student visa.
#6. Hatch Rockers Immigration
Hatch Rockers Immigration is another law practice with years of experience with all forms of immigrant and non-immigrant visas. In addition to in-person sessions, they offer consultations via Skype or phone for a price of $100.
You can ask questions about your situation and visa application during the meeting. Also, make sure you have all of the visa-related paperwork you have gathered for the consultation ready to go so you can go over them with your attorney.
#7. Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP
This immigration agency is among the best in terms of consular services, providing assistance with all types of visas, including student and exchange visas. Their skilled team will be able to attend the embassy or consulate on your behalf and assist you in obtaining your visa.
#8. Greenberg Traurig, LLP
This law firm, founded in 1967, has evolved to become one of the largest in the United States and the world. It provides its clients with a variety of immigration services, including assistance with the application process for immigrant and non-immigrant visas, as well as other services when the visa is issued.
#9. Crotty Saland & Co.
With numerous years of immigration law knowledge, Crotty and Saland will not only be able to assist you in obtaining your student visa in the United States, but they will also be able to provide other services once you have received your visa. This includes assisting you in converting your F1 visa to a work visa.
Crotty and Saland, on the other hand, are the best when it comes to assisting you with the visa procedure if you have a misdemeanor and your visa may be denied due to your criminal past.
#10. Murthy Law Firm
This law business, founded in 1994, has quickly grown to become one of the fastest-growing immigration law experts. They provide numerous web services, including a MurthyApp for your phone, to provide you with up-to-date information described in simple language.
Depending on your situation, they offer in-person or online advising services for $200 to $300.
How Much Does a Student Visa Lawyer Charge?
Depending on your situation, an immigration lawyer will cost you between $200 and $1,000 per hour. You may be expected to pay the following fees depending on the services provided by your student visa lawyer:
- Consultation fees range between $75 and $100.
- Hourly rates range from $150 to $300.
- Form filing costs between $250 and $800.
- USCIS costs range from $400 to $700.
The cost also depends on how much your lawyer charges. Some attorneys, for example, offer a flat price for the entire process, whilst others charge by the hour.
Do I Need a Student Visa lawyer?
In general, you do not require a student visa lawyer while applying for a study and exchange visa in the United States. Hiring an immigration lawyer, on the other hand, will make the visa process easier for you, and your attorney can assist you in the following ways:
- They will assist you in filling out visa application forms appropriately.
- Make a trip to the embassy or consulate on your behalf.
- They will assist you in assembling the paperwork required for Form I-20.
- They assist you in comprehending the legal jargon that comes with a visa application.
- Get ready for your visa interview.
- If your first visa application is denied, they will assist you in submitting a waiver request.
Is it Possible to Be Rejected for a Student Visa?
The best way to apply for a student visa involves early planning and activity, as well as having all of the relevant paperwork on hand. Unfortunately, there is no certainty that an application will be granted a work visa, but preparedness assures a great start.
When should you apply for a student visa? Remember that the summer months (June, July, and August) are the busiest and most crowded seasons to apply in most consular areas. An interview is almost certainly required, and getting a scheduled interview is quite tough.
- AUTOMATIC VISA REVALIDATION: Eligibility and Requirements
- GREEN CARD FOR PARENTS: Application Guide and Requirements
- REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT: Application Guidelines
- JAPA: Companies With Visa Sponsorship Jobs In Canada
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET A VISA? Visa Processing Time
Leave a Comment